Dental veneers are thin, tooth-colored ceramic laminates that are bonded permanently to the facial area of the teeth. In most cases, only a thin layer of the visible tooth structure has to be prepared. Compared to a dental crown restoration, with veneers, almost all tooth hard tissue is spared.
Dental veneers allow for covering big interdental spaces and correcting misalignments or length differences. Veneers can be an excellent treatment option for patients seeking to improve the appearance of stains, chips, gaps, and many other perceived tooth imperfections. At Denthetics, LLC, Dr. Mata-Stein utilizes the latest advanced dental technology to ensure you receive the most comfortable and successful treatment safely and efficiently.
Benefits of Dental Veneers
Uniquely designed to match the shape and color of your natural teeth, Dr. Felicia Mata-Stein treats Kenosha patients with dental veneers to conceal a variety of tooth imperfections, including:
- Chips, cracks, and breaks
- Stains and other discolorations
- Gaps and alignment issues
- Worn and disproportionate teeth
This cutting-edge approach to cosmetic dentistry treatment can effectively revitalize your smile by improving both the form and function of your teeth with virtually no discomfort or downtime after treatment. Additionally, veneers are designed to be maintained through routine oral cleaning habits and can last for decades!
Candidates for Dental Veneers
Dr. Mata can use veneers, alone or in combination with other procedures, to correct a wide range of cosmetic issues. They are commonly used to correct:
- Discolored teeth: Tooth discoloration can result from root canal treatment, excessive fluoride, tetracycline, other medications, or large resin fillings in the teeth.
- Gaps between the teeth: Dental veneers are an effective way to fill the gaps.
- Misaligned or irregularly shaped teeth
- Chipped or broken teeth
- Worn down teeth
- Teeth that are too small or too large
Dental veneers are not designed for restorative purposes to repair major structural problems. Dr. Mata-Stein typically applies veneers to healthy teeth with minor cosmetic defects. If you are interested in making small cosmetic changes to your smile, look into our dental veneers!
Types Of Veneers
At Denthetics, LLC, our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Felicia Mata-Stein will examine your smile during a personalized consultation and determine if porcelain veneer or a composite resin veneer is best for your smile. With years of advanced training in cosmetic dentistry, Dr. Mata-Stein will determine the best courses of treatment for our patients to give them a radiant smile.
- Composite resin veneers – Composite resin is a natural tooth-colored, soft material sculpted into the appropriate shape. Composite veneers can be bonded to teeth within a single appointment, as they don’t need a dental lab to fabricate them. However, composite veneers are opaque and not as strong as porcelain veneers. Their cosmetic qualities are not equal to those of porcelain veneers.
- Porcelain veneers – Porcelain veneers are thin porcelain shells bonded to teeth. The porcelain material has a unique translucency, allowing it to mimic natural enamel effectively. Porcelain veneers are durable, and you can bite as usual with them. Porcelain veneers also better resist staining than composite veneers and will keep your smile bright.
In terms of the process to place veneers, it is a process that takes approximately two to three visits. In the first visit, we will discuss the new shape and look of what we are going to accomplish by placing the veneers. Once we have put a plan in place, we will carefully prepare the teeth for the placement of the new veneers. As we complete this piece of the process, the next step is to take an impression of the newly prepared teeth. This impression will be sent to our laboratory for the final product to be fabricated. We only utilize the highest standard laboratory for fabrication of all of our work. This process at the laboratory takes between 10-14 days. While the new veneers are being fabricated at the lab, we will provide you with a beautiful temporary solution to wear for this time.
As the veneers are finalized, we will make every effort to make sure that your new veneers will feel just like your natural teeth. We will bond them into place ensuring that you can enjoy your new smile for a very long time!
Schedule A Consultation Today!
Call our Denthetics team at (262) 612-3807 to schedule an appointment. Our cosmetic dentist, Dr. Felicia Mata-Stein, treats many patients with dental veneers from Kenosha, Pleasant Prairie, Somers, Sturtevant, Mt. Pleasant, and many surrounding areas. Dr. Mata-Stein also treats cosmetic dentistry patients at her dental practice in Loop, Chicago.